Sunday, October 31, 2010

i read something the other day that is sticking in my head like a piece of gum to the bottom of a high-school desk.

i'm reading "desiring God" by john piper and so far it has been outstanding.
here is what i read...
" if the pump of love runs dry it is because the pipe of prayer isn't deep enough..."
this may seem a small statement to some, or obvious to others, but to me it was revolutionary.
since reading this a couple days i have found this sentence floating through my head while interacting with others. and in those moments where i find myself getting absolutely annoyed with someone and when i want to shut down any kind of love i could be extending them i find myself analyzing the situation.
i'm realizing that when i find it hard to love someone it's because i haven't been connecting to God, and because God is love I need him to be able to truly love anyone.

i am so thankful for the things that God is teaching me...so so thankful

0 comments: