Saturday, August 25, 2012

the weekend.

my husband and i... we're big proponents for the weekend.
i mean, who isn't, right?
we both usually have early ends to our work days on friday so the possibilities sometimes just seem endless.
during the week we like to dream up big plans for our days off.
projects we want to finish.
tv shows we want to watch.
the ridiculous amount of time we could spend sleeping.
and these plans are all well and good... but by the time friday evening rolls around our weekends usually look completely different than what we had dreamed up.
you see, the thing about me is, when i start dreaming i usually go overboard, and i usually want to stick right with my plans.
ha. jokes on me.
great thing about my husband is, he's teaching me how to be okay with plans changing. with rolling with the punches.
and let's be honest, it's the weekend... there's no punches, it's all just different ways to spend our time.
so yes, my perfect weekend would be spending far too much time cuddling, running every single morning, making breakfast, walking to the farmer's market, spending time being crafty, reading, quiet time, watching movies, eating out far too much and seeing a few friends.
that to me, in my small mind, is perfect.
luckily not all our weekends are like that.
luckily some mornings i just don't want to get up and run.
luckily my husband loves making lunch and dinner, so we don't eat out as much as i would choose to.
luckily, we spend so much time laughing and being ridiculous that we end up not reading.
luckily we are surrounded by so many loving people that we have time with friends every day... sometimes it seems like every hour.
it's just beautiful.
and it's the weekend.
thank God that I don't always get to plan every single aspect of my schedule every day.

0 comments: